In honor of the Winter Olympic Games (and the final season of Lost):

“The Cutting Edge” (1992) remains my favorite film featuring the Olympics, figure skating, hockey, or D.B Sweeney.  Some people I know would argue in favor of “Fire in the Sky, but I will never watch it - alien abduction and giant needles - no way, man! 18 years later (holy shit - the actors are looking especially young during this viewing!) and still one of my all time favorite romantic comedies.   It features a pitch perfect “Opposites Attract” storyline, done a lot better than most romance novels, I might add.  With a novel the chemistry has to leap off the page – if the author isn’t selling, the reader certainly isn’t buying.  Too often I feel that the H/H don’t actually like each other; no matter how much hot sex they have.  Kate and Doug fight their attraction by fighting with each other.   Now for a favorite scene I didn't completely understand as a 10-year-old:

"You're falling for him."
"What?"
"Doug."
"Yes. (rolling eyes)"
"You are, you're falling for him."
"...that's crazy."
"You think so?"
"You're nuts!"
"Am I?"
"Well, you see how we act together..."
"Yes, I do."
"...we never get along, I mean we're always fighting."
"foreplay."
  
They fight, they skate, she breaks his nose, he declares his love, they skate, they kiss, they (presumably ) win Olympic Gold .