People You Run Into Every Few Years

I have quite a few people like this in my life - it's probably not a good thing that we fall out of contact, but usually we can pick right up again and I think that's cool. I ran into Jamie Hamilton at Jacob Koestler's opening in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. I told her about MIoF and 709 and she emailed me about this event she's holding.




My actual RIOT GRRRL knowledge is somewhat limited - I kinda missed the boat, what with only liking Liz Phair and the Breeders for most of my young life. I do love the song "Pretend We're Dead" by L7 - and of course I fully support the ideology of Riot Grrrl culture. This night will be sweet, I'm sure. Funny though that it's been long enough to feel nostalgic. Getting older, I guess.
Check it out if you're in the 'burgh 3 Saturdays from now.